Long term vision for Botswana
Vision 2016 Council
Employment opportunity-Finance Manager
Vision 2016 council, an organization responsible for driving, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of vision 2016, invites suitably qualified citizens to be part of the secretariat team as Finance Manager reporting to the vision 2016 coordinator.
The role involves guidance on the management of financial resources and developing and coordinating the implementation of the financial and accounting policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound management and control. It also covers preparation of annual budgets and forecasts of income and expenditure and carrying out monthly analysis against budgets and accounts for variances.
Key performance indicators
• Availability and accuracy of financial statement and accounts
• Reduction in new and recurring of audit queries
• Adequacy of cash flow and returns on surplus funds
• Cost effective procurements and adherence to procedures for the purchase of goods and services.
Qualification: The ideal candidate should have a post graduate degree in accounting or equivalent lus membership of an internationally recognized institution of management or finance.
Experience: At least 5 years post qualifying experience in a computerized accounting environment. Relevant experience in management of projects, budgeting and accounting is necessary.
• Significant senior level accounting and managerial experience
• Working knowledge of ACCPAC,QED,Spreadsheetss and other accounting applications
• Knowledge of international accounting standards, corporate governance codes, public procurement and asset disposal law and guidelines
• Demonstration of high ethical standards
• Strategic thinking skills
Remuneration and terms
The vision council offers a competitive compensation package consumerate with qualifications and experience
The position is offered on a contract basis up to December 2016
Submission of applications
Interested candidates who have the above capabilities can apply in confidence, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates and contact details of three traceable referees to vision 2016 coordinator. P/Bag BR 168 Gaborone. Applications can be hand delivered to plot 132, Tswene drive, Gaborone international Finance Park
Nb: only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The closing date for applications: 17th October 2014
Source: Botswana Guardian, 10th Oct
This Ad has been viewed 3 times.